FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
1. Where does Airport Express Lima pick up a Lima Airport?
We have information counters just after the customs area of international arrivals and just after baggage claim in domestic arrivals. Please see attached our maps, on how to get to our counters and to our bus stop inside Lima Airport.
2. What routes does Airport Express Lima operate?
Airport Express Lima provides service from Lima Airport to Miraflores and San Isidro, and from Miraflores and San Isidro to Lima Airport. Please see our timetable section for more information.
1. How long are tickets valid for?
- Single tickets purchased at any of our counters inside the international or domestic arrivals areas:
Valid for the next departure time from Lima Airport.
- Single tickets purchased online:
Will be valid for one single journey on your chosen route, specified on your booking. The ticket can be used for any scheduled bus on any day, even if it is different from what is stated on your booking.
- Return tickets purchased at any of our counters inside the international or domestic arrivals area at Lima Airport:The outward portion of your ticket is only valid for the next departure time from Lima Airport. You can use the return portion of your ticket on any return journey, on your booked route, up to a period of 6 months after the outward journey date.
- Return tickets purchased online:
Will be valid for one outward journey and one return journey on the specific route, specified on your booking. The tickets can be used for any scheduled bus on any day, even if it is different from what it is stated on your booking. You can use your return journey ticket on any of our 7 strategic points in Miraflores, if travelling from Miraflores to the Airport. Passengers will receive the second journey’s ticket from our driver on the bus. You can use the return portion of your ticket on any return journey, on your booked route, up to a period of 6 months after the outward journey date.
2. If I buy a round trip ticket, can I use it for two adults one way?
No, a round trip ticket is to be used on two separate journeys.
3. Where to book at the Airport?
After passing through the baggage reclaim area, customs and all the other formalities, you will come to the ground transport zone, our Airport Express Lima stand is situated here. One of our helpful and dedicated team members will assist you with making a reservation. They will also show you the stop closest to your accommodation on a free map of Lima, and direct you to our waiting bus.
At the baggage reclaim area you will see our Airport Express Lima stand situated in the ground transport zone close to the exit. One of our helpful and dedicated team members will assist you with making a reservation. They will also show you the stop closest to your accommodation on a free map of Lima, and direct you to our waiting bus.
4. Can i pay on board?
When departing from Miraflores or San Isidro to the Airport, you also have the option to pay cash-on-arrival to the driver. Please have the exact change ready. US Dollars and Peruvian Soles are accepted on board the bus. However, we do recommend booking in advance to guarantee your seat.
5. Do ticket prices already include all taxes?
Yes, all Peruvian taxes are included.
1. My flight departs at a pre-determined time. When do I have to take the bus?
When traffic is low, and depending on weather conditions, it can take approximately 45 minutes to get to the Airport. However, during peak hours it can take as long as 90 minutes or sometimes more. Please see attached our timetables for further information.
For international departures, check-in is recommended 3 hours before departure time, and for domestic departures, check-in is recommended 2 hours before departure time.
Please see attached our Plan Your Departure Time section to get a recommended departure time from Miraflores and San Isidro.
2. What is the travel time between Lima Airport and Miraflores/San Isidro?
Travel time to or from the airport and your destination will mostly depend on the location of your hotel, and the traffic at your time of travel. The distance from Lima Airport to Miraflores/San Isidro is approximately 19km, and it can take anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes. Allow extra time for peak traffic periods, 7am-9am and 5pm-9pm.
1. Are there any luggage restrictions?
Everything that can be transported on the plane can be taken on the Airport Express Lima bus. Please always keep an eye on your belongings.
2. Do we allow passengers to leave their luggage near the counter for a moment while they go somewhere else (e.g. the restrooms)?
No, never. We can never watch or look after passengers’ luggage, neither at the counters, nor on the bus. Passengers are always responsible for their own things.
3. Do we help by carrying passengers’ luggage to the bus?
No, passengers are always responsible for their own things. Nevertheless, depending on staff availability at that time we will do our outmost to help elderly people, people with disabilities etc.
1. Are animals allowed on the Airport Express Lima Bus?
Pets and animals are not permitted on our bus. However, guide dogs or assistance animals are allowed by law, as long as there is corresponding certification. They must be in boxes or cages of appropriate sizes.
2. Can I consume food and drink on the bus?
Consumption of food or drinks (except water in screw top containers) is not permitted on board our vehicles. The transportation of hot food and hot drink, irrespective of the container/vessel used is also prohibited on board. This is in the interest of passenger safety and comfort.
3. Do we offer special chairs/accessories for small children?
LOST & FOUND
1. How do passengers collect lost property?
Passengers should send us an email to email@example.com, with an exact description of the lost item, including the date and time of the bus. We will try our best to locate those items. If the items are located, we will have them kept in our office in Miraflores. They must be collected from our office within 4 weeks, or they will be donated to charity.
Items can be collected Monday – Friday between 11am and 5pm.
1. Can our staff accept tips?
No our staff do not accept tips. Please email us directly with your comments or review our service on TripAdvisor.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
1. Are the buses equipped for wheelchair users?
No, unfortunately, at this time very few buses in Peru are equipped for wheelchair users.
2. Is the Airport Express Lima staff trained to accommodate people with hearing/speaking problems? sign language fluent staff?
No, unfortunately not at this time. Nevertheless, if you submit us all your details via email in advance, we can drive you safely to one of our stops.
3. Can Airport Express Lima accommodate blind passengers?
All assistance animals with the appropriate paper certification are allowed on the bus.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES
1. What will be the currency exchange rate between Soles, Dollars and Euros?
We accept both American Dollars and Peruvian Soles. Dollars will be converted to Soles at the current exchange rate on the day of purchase.
1. How can passengers claim the child discount?
Passengers must show the passport of the child or children that accompany them. If they do not show any ID, or the children are not present at the moment of purchase, we cannot process the discount.
2. Are there discounts for seniors/older citizens?
No, at this moment, we do not have discounts for seniors.
REFUNDS & RECEIPTS
1. How do we process refunds?
For credit/debit card purchases:
We will request passengers to send us an email with their ticket details and personal information as they appear on the card they used to purchase the ticket, and the credit/debit card details. No cash can be given back at the counters for purchases made by card.
For cash purchases:
We can give cash back.
2. How do we issue receipts (boletas)?
Aside from the booking confirmation ticket, we will issue a boleta – one for each ticket. In the case of round trip tickets, you MUST show your boleta or booking confirmation as proof of purchase to show that you have a return trip pending.
We are always looking to improve our service and we would love your feedback! If there are any questions, remarks or comments, please send them our way!
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.